Centro Madre is engaged in supporting projects and initiatives that lead to self sufficiency.
Centro Madre seeks to improve the quality of people’s lives in Venezuela through personal and community transformation. We stimulate self sufficiency by empowering the local population through community development projects, educational opportunities and agricultural food security projects.
In the year 2000, Centro Madre started an agricultural and eductional farm in Barlovento, a region 2 hours east of Caracas. Since 2017 it has expanded and is supporting a variety of projects.
To know more about the work done in Barlovento, click here
1. Distribution of seeds to small farmers
2. Distribution of tools
3. Courses about organic agriculture
4. Courses for personal growth
5. Introduce crop diversity
6. Cooking courses for a diverse and healthier diet
7. Support small scale food processing industries such as a flour mill
8. Community out reach: getting to know their needs and potentials
9. Introduce solar cooking
10.Preventive health care
1. Food distribution to the most vulnerable, affected by the corona virus
2. Courses for personal growth
3. Community out reach: getting to know their needs and potentials
4. Cooking courses for a diverse and healthier diet
5. Preventive healthcare